Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stars

Stars
I look up every night,
during my evening run.
I find a place where its nice and dark,
and just look up.
I look up to see the stars.

I never really understood,
understood why the stars amazed me.
It wasn't the twinkle,
or the vast quantity,
or the constellations.
It was the thought.

I don't really know what I was thinking.
Maybe I was thinking how,
How there are as many girls out there as there are stars.
But thats not true.
It made me realize.

It made me realize that,
The girl you are looking for,
Isn't always going to be the brightest star in the sky,
Or the most colorful one,
or the center one.
The girl that you are looking for is,
One of the "average" ones.

You can't tell which one it is from looking up into the sky.
And to make matters worse,
Clouds block your vision.

But I try and try,
I try to find you.
I think about maybe I messed up,
and that I already missed you.
Or that I just stood by,
And watched other people take you.
But I guess I'll never know.

So I'll wait.
I'll do the wait.
The most painful wait of my life.
But I know,
I know that if I draw from God's well,
I'll have the strength.
And I know it'll pay off...
Because this girl's going to be the one,
The only one I'll need.
And the only one I'll ever think about.
So in the end,
It'll be worth it.

So I guess the only thing to do now,
Is to wait.
Wait for the star that sticks out,
In its own unique way.
~hahasmile4me

No comments:

Post a Comment